Some excellent links from the past week:
- This is a correction for the ages. Even the people who lived through the Time of Shedding and Cold Rocks will appreciate it.
- There’s a robot that can beat a Rubik’s cube in under four-tenths of a second. Me, I’m four DECADES in and still working on it.
- “Someone I work with thinks she is dating a Japanese cartoon character.” Even for Ask A Manager this one’s unexpected.
- “It might be that, in a sport in which risk assessment now drives everything from free-agent investments to the development of young pitchers, the base stealers have become the outlier, like motorcyclists without helmets.” Buster Olney on the decline of the stolen base.
- Billy Corgan’s Chicagoland tea shop will no longer disarm you with a chai.
- This 89 year old’s one wish in the world was to ride a Zamboni. She is my new hero.