Some excellent links from the past week:
- Say what you want about the tenets of shooting at anything that “looks like Bigfoot,” at least its an ethos.
- So George H.W. Bush had international pen-pals too? Am I the only person in the world who never got a handwritten note from this guy?
- My pal Todd Bookman‘s new piece on New Hampshire’s amateur bodybuilding scene is exactly what I needed this week. How does he find these stories?
- A good take on the Facebook horrorshow that was 2018, with a takedown of the irritating trend of framing scandal stories about how they’re “bad news” or “a setback” for public figures. It’s lazy, terrible writing and no one should do it.
- A bananas story from Green Bay. After 30 years, one of the people who smuggled a turkey onto Lambeau Field reveals how they did it.
- The latest thing 2018 has brought (inflicted upon?) us: a punk rock “Jingle Bells” duet between William Shatner and Henry Rollins.