Some excellent links from the past week:
- If you’re rounding up the best news stories of 2017, don’t overlook the take of the lady who gave birth at a meat market.
- The Verge just called the Chrome browser the new Internet Explorer 6. Them’s fightin’ words.
- Ketchup packets in the intestine “mimicking the symptoms of Crohn’s disease” is a thing, researchers say.
- An Alexa-powered bathroom mirror? I can definitely see that. But that’s only the beginning of Kohler’s plans for “smart bathrooms” (and yes, it includes smart toilets). Maybe that could’ve helped the ketchup packet lady.
- Oh, and speaking of Alexa: here’s a Scottish guy trying to play a song on his new Amazon Echo but Alexa can’t understand him, poor guy.
- The best hot take of the week comes, naturally, from The Iron Sheik.