- An update on Colorado’s “Mad Pooper,” eight weeks after the story broke: police say they’re still investigating. But, on the plus side: “there have been ‘no additional reports of pooping.’”
- What a story. Street kids in Kabul befriend an American guitarist, end up starting a band & recording with Brian Wilson.
- Uproxx on that time Mister Ed hit a home run off Sandy Koufax: “Mister Ed is an expert on hitting. This is not explained in any way. It’s like everyone just said ‘Well, of course Mister Ed knows how to hit’ and moved right along.”
- DIY license plates: add to your Pinterest account, maybe don’t add to your car.
- This is so cool. Researchers narrow down the likely locations of 11 lost ancient cities by analyzing cuneiform trade reports from Assyrian merchants.
- New Zealand driver pulled over for playing “air bagpipes.” Five points to the BBC for using the phrase “the self-confessed piper” in the story.
- A judge in 1938 ordered Helen Hulick to wear a dress in court. “I won’t do it,” she said. “I like slacks. They’re comfortable.” Those of us who abhor dress codes are in her debt.
- Vermont police arrest clown. Aaaand there’s a mugshot I’ll never be able to unsee.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)