Five lines worth remembering from the past week.
- “I’m so hungry I could eat a can of cheese.” – Linzey Rae and The Anchor did a heavy metal song which has lyrics explaining how to make shepherd’s pie. [via Women You Should Know]
- “The man, who was naked except for what appeared to be a Ronald Reagan rubber mask covering his head and a sock covering his private parts, ran off…” – reporter Carol Robinson reporting on, well, you read the quote. [Birmingham News]
- “It appeared as though the blood coming out of my head was not a good thing.” – former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson, speaking figuratively – figuratively! – about being “bloodied” during his 2012 run for president. [Washington Post]
- “If you happen to see a coyote running through the woods of Pembroke with a large plastic jar stuck on its head, give the state Fish and Game Department a call.” – reporter Nick Reid, chronicling the weirdest New Hampshire wildlife story since last year’s runaway emu saga. [Concord Monitor]
- ““In the September profile of Chelsea Clinton, ‘Waiting in the Wings’ by Jonathan Van Meter, Dan Baer was mistakenly identified as an interior designer. He is deputy assistant secretary for the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor at the U.S. Department of State.” – Vogue wins for best correction of 2015. [Robert Rector]
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)